Cheapest place to buy 15mm copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy 60m
Just seen this.
COPPER TUBING OD:15mm WALL THICKNESS: 1.0mm WORKING PRESSURE: 1265psi [30 METRE COIL]
Can you really get a coil of 15mm copper tubing?

Sponsored Links
I'd put money on it not being 15mm but 1/2 inch.. It's refrigerant tubing, 1mm wall thickness and comes on coils of either 15 or 30 metres

Used to be able to get table X (I think) which was soft copper in coils.

Table Z was thin wall with the red line and table y which is what we all use nowadays.

I worked on Wimpey houses years ago that had concrete ground floors with ducts in that enabled you to run in the gas supply pipework in soft copper from the meter to the boiler position and cooker position.

The tails were all joined under stairs in the downstairs hall cupboard or in the kitchen.

Probably get the gaol for doing that now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Used to be able to get table X (I think) which was soft copper in coils.
Table Z was thin wall with the red line and table y which is what we all use nowadays.

I'm pretty sure that Table X is the common stuff now, Table Y is soft, underground tube & Table Z used to snap if you tried to pull a bend in it. :oops:

So it could be Table Y that the OP has found.

I'd put money on it not being 15mm but 1/2 inch.. It's refrigerant tubing, 1mm wall thickness and comes on coils of either 15 or 30 metres

so :?: :?: :?:

No so about it.. The question was can you get 15mm copper on a roll and the answer is yes though it is still 1/2 inch whatever they sell it as.. The clue is the working pressure specs. More than the average plumber would reasonably require.. and the price is pretty high too more than the average plumber would wish to spend since Wickes were doing a 30 m pack of copper for £99.. The coil shown is way over spec but there is no reason why it can't be used but the question is why would you want to

The question was can you get 15mm copper on a roll and the answer is yes though it is still 1/2 inch whatever they sell it as.
They sell it as "15mm" and "manufactured to BS EN 12735".

Are you believe that they're wrong? Or lying? :eek:

... and the price is pretty high too more than the average plumber would wish to spend...
Why would the average plumber care about the price of copper? :confused:

Average plumber: "Yes Madam, I can replace that section of leaking pipe, although the price of copper has doubled over the last year."

Madam: "Oh dear. In that case I shall keep my leaking pipe. Thank you and good day to you."

OOI, why not use plastic pipe for pretty much everything these days - it seems so much cheaper to me, but then I'm not a pro so do simple stuff.

Average plumber: "However, Madam, I can supply some previously stolen pipe at about half the shop price."

Madam: "Oh (tearfully), praise the Lord for ****** - whatever would we do without them?"

Although I'm sure that I will be educated by someone, I was always under the belief that BS EN 12735 are the standards for, and I quote
Copper and copper alloys. Seamless, round copper tubes for air conditioning and refrigeration. Tubes for equipment.

Refrigerant pipe is always Imperial, so yes I believe that they are wrong.. And the pipe is still far too dear... Pop to plumb for a length of 15mm copper and save the damsel in distress :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back