What board best under shower tray?

I have been very satisfied with the Mira Flight series trays......stone resin with a quality capping and they come with a quality outlet.
They must be installed completely flat and on a medium that gives a cushion - the rep said that a thick bead of silicone was fine. Check if the outlet position suits you!
I don’t like the leg riser kits, and prefer a timber plinth if I need it raised.
As for an enclosure, buy the best you can afford - mine all came from Screwfix, delivery direct from the manufacturer.
John
Yes I am looking Mira Flight on screwfix, it will be joist then 18mm marine plywood then tray. No leg riser kit. Apparently they are the best made and silicone is good enough for these
waste is an issue as there are two joists on the way. see pic below, what do you recommend?
joist4.jpg

Sponsored Links
For sure, the drain needs good access just in case it needs maintenance later.
It’s possible to install timber ‘trimmers’ which effectively bridge the cut away joist without losing any strength. A similar application is found where joists meet up to hearths.
I have four Mira trays, and they have had offset outlets rather than centre - but I didn’t buy them at the same time so perhaps they vary.
John

Do make sure the tray can’t rock on your supports, and bedding it down on silicone will be just fine.
John

Or may I can use long path for the waste pipe 240cm?
joist5.jpg

Sponsored Links
I guess the shortest run is the better, but as long as you can get enough fall on the pipe, and have it well supported especially at the joins, all should be well.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back