Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice please, I am about to install a shower and the tray is a low profile one so there is now way of screwing or fixing to wall/floor. I am going to put in on a raised base covered with 18mm ply but I am not sure how to secure the tray to the base can you use something like grip fill / no nails / silicone. I have read you can use motor on concrete floor but I have not found much on a wooden floor.

Thanks
Julian

Sponsored Links
if your putting it on a raised base why didn't you just buy one with leg surports ?

you can use mortar on ply base or silicones etc
read the instructions and stick by what they say.

Not very keen on seeing a very thick pvc base on the shower, the base is going to be much bigger than the tray so you step on the base (tiled) then into the shower.

right follow you. if you have the instruction s it should state what they recommend you use sand/cement mix, silicone etc.

Sponsored Links
It's not so much a matter of fixing the tray down, more a matter of holding it up.

A mortar mix allows you to bed the tray so it's supported evenly over the entire area of the base, so it doesn't rock, twist or crack. Beads of silicone or adhesive will only support it where they touch.

With a mortar mix you stand a chance of removing the tray if you ever have to. Adhesives will probably stick it down too well.

Gravity, and sealant around the edges are sufficient to hold the tray in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back