What books should i get

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here are the publications i have seen linked on amazon any suggestions on others.

1. IEE Wiring Regulations: BS7671, 2001 Incorporating Amendments No. 1 & 2, 2004 (Brown Series Paperback) (Paperback)

2. IEE on Site Guide (BS 7671: 2001 16th Edition Wiring Regulations Including Amendment 2: 2002) (Iee Wiring Regulations Brown) (Spiral-bound)

3. Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations (Approved Document P, Electrical Safety in Dwellings) (Paperback)

4. Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations: Conforms to IEE Wiring Regulations / BS 7671 / Part P of Building ... 7671/Part P of Building Regulations (Paperback)

and also Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (where do i get this)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would recommend IEE Guidance note 3 (inspection and testing). I bought all at Waterstones

Sponsored Links
As said by Adam I would not buy BS7671:2001-2004, instead get BS7671:2008 (some places have it for sale now, but it isn't due out for a week or so)
I would also not get the (BS7671:2001-2004) OSG, I would wait until they have done one for the 17th edition.

If you are really desperate then I would recommend that you get second hand copies as there will be lots about soon!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back