What brings a tear to your eye when you laugh?

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just been listening to/watching YouTube on my phone whilst doing some washing up, and couldn’t help but have a few tears in my eyes when Bradley Walsh on The Chase starts losing it with laughter.

Two fine examples are:

The Fanny Chmelar question, and this beauty:

What is the cartoon character, Andy Capp, knows as in Germany?

A. Dick Tingeler
B. Helmut Schmacker
C. Willi Wakker

And to put you out of your misery: Andy Capp in Germany is called… Willi Wakker.

Now I’ve watched comedies, but I guess certain sketches/things make me laugh more, to the point of tears. Perhaps it’s the concept that someone else is crying laughing as well? How about you?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Almost incomprehensibly, this extended 1963 sketch continues to be shown and reshown outside the UK. New Year's Eve tradition.

Observe the comments on youtube.

Ive just been listening to/watching YouTube on my phone whilst doing some washing up, and couldn’t help but have a few tears in my eyes when Bradley Walsh on The Chase starts losing it with laughter.

Two fine examples are:

The Fanny Chmelar question, and this beauty:

What is the cartoon character, Andy Capp, knows as in Germany?

A. Dick Tingeler
B. Helmut Schmacker
C. Willi Wakker

And to put you out of your misery: Andy Capp in Germany is called… Willi Wakker.

Now I’ve watched comedies, but I guess certain sketches/things make me laugh more, to the point of tears. Perhaps it’s the concept that someone else is crying laughing as well? How about you?

You need to post the clip to us

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
There's a chap down t'pub who regularly recites Stanley Holloway stories, & very popular he is too . . . .

I can't remember Stanley but there's a few who can join in, especially with the punch lines.

Sponsored Links
Back