What cable clip/washer is this plz.

Sponsored Links
Or Put some plaster/filler between the screws, wait until dry, then remove the screws.

Had the method used been bent nails, where would one buy them?

I have and I do.

Using washers and screws as 'cable clips' is not a particularly brilliant idea in the first place (although I suppose there's nothing particularly wrong with it simply as a means of holding the cables in place during plastering), but using washers of a non-ideal material and then painting them to mitigate that deficiency seems like an even less brilliant idea. If one wants to use washers, then, as I said, stainless steel (or nylon) ones would seem much more sensible - and the screw obviously also needs to be fairly corrosion-resistant.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sponsored Links
if your wall is that damp to make metal in the wall rust, it would be better to solve that problem first. In chronically damp walls, even metal back boxes will rust away completely after a while.
Once the cables are plastered into the wall the regs will be happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back