what can flux do to the pump of my shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help me I had a new shower put in in may was working ok for about 10 weeks then started leaking from the pump,we replaced the flexly pipes on the pump all was ok for 3 weeks then the pump started to leak again ,I phone the company who we got the pump from and they sent a plumber out he said nothing wrong with the pump but it has got flux in it ,from when plumber didnt wash hands after using it ,so Please can someone tell me how to get the flux out :eek:

Sponsored Links
he said nothing wrong with the pump but it has got flux in it ,from when plumber didnt wash hands after using it

what did the plumber dip his hands in the flux then ?
and how did he get his hands into the workings of the pump ?

load of bo**ocks :rolleyes:

wheres it keep leaking from ? is it the flexis both times ?

Sponsored Links
reading-monkey-gif-animation.gif

well i've heard some stories before but that is taking the micheal.

Got no problem with the bloke saying there's flux in it if it hadn't been flushed out sufficiently, but have considerable issues with him claiming that this would have caused a leak of any sort whatsoever.

It seem to be leaking from under the pump

so where does the flexis come into it ? that where changed on a visit by the plumber from the shop.

(was working ok for about 10 weeks then started leaking from the pump,we replaced the flexly pipes on the pump all was ok for 3 weeks then the pump started to leak again)

what pump is it ?

it was leaking from them first then we replaced them ourself, that was about 3 -4 weeks ago, then started to leak again last week so i call the company whomakes them and they sent a plumber in to look at it and that is what he said on friday :rolleyes:

so its not leaking from the flexis now but under the pump ?
and he said thats due to the plumber who installed it having flux on his hands.

what pump is it ?

is it me or are you making this post hard work ?

showermate what ?
and where under the pump is it leaking the flexis again or somewhere else ?

very sorry dont mean to make it hard work for you,must be mae being a female thats why,46407 SHOWERMATE 1.5bar twin. 4 weeks age it started leaking from the flexis hose and we replaced them .it was ok for 3 weeks then it started leaking againg from under the pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back