What Can I Do With This Gas Pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a piece of gas pipe sticking up through the floor in an understairs cupboard, which due to moving walls is soon to be part of the living room floor.

I assume it is no longer needed, as looks capped off, and I can't think why it could not be below floor level. It is marked up as Gas Co, would a normal gas engineer be able to do this, or would it be the gas suppliers remit? I'm not sure it is the current pipe even?!

Also, any ideas on what the two pipes running across are? Doubt they are central heating as all the radiators in the house on the other side.

20121017_231642.jpg
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Call out transco to check it say you have a capped service pipe coming into house and do not know if its dead or live , it should be dead but will only take them minutes and is free

the pipe up to and including the meter belongs to transco [or whatever they are called now] and only they or there agents can alter the pipework assuming its still live and connected

national grid not transco, i bet you still call it corgi too ?

Sponsored Links
still call it the gasboard .

And if you want to be precise its the Emergency service provider that needs to be called and depending on where in the country someone lives it could be one of five companies .
So you are also wrong by saying NG .

Although they all use the same number 0800 111 999.

And as th OP is in kent it is probably southern gas networks who will attend

look at it this way if the supply is live start drawing off free gas, but i cant tell you how.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back