What can I do with this mess?

• Thread starter iateyoubutler
  • Start date
I

iateyoubutler

A little bit of background. This is the back of my house which used to have a single skinned wooden windowed fiasco of a porch. After living with it since I bought the house 10 years ago I decided it had to go, and be replaced with an all upvc structure of the same size.

I was advised that this concrete base was no good (it was all concrete including the area that is now just earth). Firstly I was told that we could cut out to the size of the new upvc porch and re-use that. Now, after that was done he told me that this is now no good and it all has to go.......

I`m having sleepless nights over this.........

I understand that the existing concrete slab needs to be dug up and replaced, but what the hell do I do now with the rest? Can anybody give me some ideas please?

Also, I CANNOT get anybody to even look at this to give me a quote for the job, I really could scream. I`m not a happy bunny about this right now :(

Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_4949 (1).JPG
    IMG_4949 (1).JPG
    533.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4951.JPG
    IMG_4951.JPG
    530 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4952 (1).JPG
    IMG_4952 (1).JPG
    533.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4953 (1).JPG
    IMG_4953 (1).JPG
    520.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4950 (1).JPG
    IMG_4950 (1).JPG
    475.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4954 (1).JPG
    IMG_4954 (1).JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
First off, who is 'he'? Whoever, that base would be ok for a shed but not ideal for a porch attached to the house- good odds it would move over the seasons.
Second, are you going total PVC or dwarf walls (conservatory style). What internal floor have you got in mind, you might want to think about insulating the floor (you don't have to if you're keeping an external door between porch and house but it will keep it warmer)
Third, 'the rest'- do you mean the space where the porch thing was that is now bare earth? Build your new porch then decide- long as whatever you do doesn't come above 150 below DPC it's up to you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back