What can I do with this...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Please see attached pic. It's the bottom of my back garden. It's currently knackered paving slabs. Water pools at the bottom of the steps at the far end. The retaining wall slowly seeps with water (appreciate it's meant to allow water to drain through). Water also seems to seep in around another wall next to my neighbours (you can't see it - it's just next to the gate). Not sure if this is a natural spring or just rain water slowly making it's way down the natural slope of the terrain).

Anyway - I thought I'd just pressure wash the scabby old wall, paint it with masonry paint then throw down a ton or two of gravel to stop the dog constantly bringing mud into the house!

Would I be making a mistake doing this? Would it be wise to cut out a drainage channel along the base of the retaining wall - discharging into the gutter gully? Or would any surface water just make it's way under the gravel to the gully?

Appreciate I should probably lift all the pavers, install drainage channels, level out and re-pave....? Not sure if I can be arsed though if I'm completely honest!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers
2ntiu8k.jpg

Sponsored Links
Personally I would make a nice tidy area for the little ones to play in !
Kids cant ride their trike on gravel either.

lift the pavers get some new 1's laid or concrete it. If you do it then put in a graval soakaway by the edge by the wall.

Also cut some of the foliage back.

Its an easy job. 2-3 days max.

Put in the effort and it wont look like the embarrasment it is now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back