What can i do ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 6 years ago my parents paid for a full rewire of their house along with a new shower which was supposed to be everything replaced from the old wired fuse board with a volecb onwards now at the time i didn't pay attention as my dad was fit an healthy(ish) and sort of looked over the project but today i had to replace the pull switch in the bathroom as it didn't click every time and found it was old red/black wiring with no sleeving of the earth and at the light fitting which i removed so it could be washed at the same time the incoming wires are obviously decades old

is there any way of getting the people *******ed properly as my parents paid good money and got some sort of paper work that they did on nic eic forms

and theres no labels on the CU saying about multiple colours of wiring either

While i'm prepared to head into the loft next time i'm there and perhaps sort it out and dig through the recently laid insulation i'd rather not if theres any way of getting what they paid for done properly as i think the company no longer exists

Sponsored Links
If the company no longer exists how are you going to get them back?

Have you checked if they are (or were) registered with the NIC? This may be your only course of action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back