WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO PAY FOR PLASTERING PLEASE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,Im in the East midlands,looking at having my bathroom (7ft X 8Ft) walls and ceiling skimmed before new bathroom is fitted,what would an average price be please,all walls are basically sound with no crumbling..ive had quotes ranging from 100 to 250 quid....
thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, I used to plaster, stopped about three years ago. Price depends on whether you will be happy with a single coat or two. The walls might need to have pva applied, say 1 hour, then there are always little things that are unexpected such as tricky pipe work that has to be worked around or radiators that have to be removed, basically if there are any firrings then it's a hassle, but if the room is clear and straight forward, then someone should be able to do the job in a day, two coats. I'd say £200 for a decent job. If you go cheaper then make sure you know what you are agreeing to be done.

hmm, me thinks £200 is a bit cheap, i normally charge £360-£400 for a room including the ceiling, granted, bathroom is smaller but you'd be slowed down by the tricky bits (pipes etc) and there's bound to be a window reveal to slap on too.

does depend on rates where you are but if you do get a price as high as mine don't be surprised, but expect tidy, clean work for that kinda money.

£100 to plaster four walls and a ceiling? I dread to think what the finish would be like. £400 is more realistic.

Sponsored Links
I think £300 sounds about right for a small bathroom.

Its a job that could be done in a day or a day and a half by 1 man without a labourer.

Materials will be about £30

I would say about £380 inc materials for a good job and i ALWAYS do 2 coats only ever do 1 coat if its just to tidy a wall up before tiling
Go for the cheapest quote at your peril ,ive lost count the number of people who have asked me to quote for a job and said they can get it done a lot cheaper then come back afterwards wanting me to put right what they had done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back