what can i use to cover gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been advised, by a gas engineer to cover gas pipe with steal casing, as it is on my external wall , and we have added an garage extension , so therefore it is in the garage,could some one advise where to obtain one from and who is the right person to do it transco etc

Sponsored Links
Well you could get the gasfitter to run it in steel pipe, but most of them would have the vapours at the thought of running gas in anything but copper these days!

I assume he is talking about the risk of damage from a car, not fire risk (places like communal stairways are required to meet special requirements) As any duct carrying a gas pipe should be ventilated, a section of metal guttering with some improvised fixings over it and open at each end might do the trick.

A quick search brought this firm up. http://www.rainclear.co.uk/

I don’t know how great the risk of damage is in your situation I would have thought a simple timber boxing would be enough to give adequate protection from a car door unless you are some sort of commercial premises, or make a habit of ramming the wall. :confused:

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back