What certification etc do I need when getting combi fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a combi boiler replacement fitted very soon.

The fitter I am looking to go with is gas safe registered, and will also be using an electrician too for the electrics.

Can you advise on what certifications they have to have before undertaking the job and what I should get from them paper work wise upon completion?

Job will entail fitting of new boiler in same place as old one, new flue / flashing being fit / installation of some replacement radiators / and some pipe work that currently runs down a wall, being chased into wall.

Part of the gas pipe work may have to be upgraded to 22mm pipe,but this may not be required.

Sponsored Links
The gas fitter should be able to do it all.

I'd be worried about one that couldn't wire up a combi. FFS my 4 year old could do it.

You need nothing before the work. The gas man can do notification once he has finished. We reserve the right not to issue the works notification to Gas Safe until the bill is paid.

You also want to make sure the warranty card is sent off to the manufacturer; again let the gas man do that as some manufacturer's have sneaky bits in their paper work to snaffle the servicing work which IMHO should be the prerogative of the installer.

Isn't it law now to have a qualified electrician do any electrics work on the home?

If so should they supply any paper work?

Sponsored Links
It depends what electrical work you mean.
If doing a like for like combi swap it's about as complicated as changing a plug. Would you call an electrician in for that, and want a certificate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back