1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

What colour white paint for kitchen?

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Chelsea54, 1 Nov 2020.

1. Chelsea54

Chelsea54

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Good morning,

We are in the process of decorating our house and need to pick the paint for our kitchen.

Do you have any recommendations of shades of white to use? Our units are ivory, worktop is wood and woodwork and doors are white.

We have used Dulux almond white throughout the rest of the house but think this will clash with the Ivory units in the kitchen so looking for possibly an off white type of shade. We have 3 windows but not a huge amount of light comes in.
    Thank you

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sircerebus666

sircerebus666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Visit b and q and goto paint section

Look at samples , pick ones that you think would match and either buy the tester pots and paint them on something to see if they go with your units or take the tester cards home and do the same

When decided buy enough paint to paint your kitchen

Job done

P.s. no one can really recommend a certain shade of white when it's all down to personal preference

4. mrcrow

mrcrow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i have been musing on changing our brilliant white bedroom paint colour to a slightly grey shade..
    to look cleaner in my opinion thant a brilliant white and set off the ceiling and coving which i stick with brilliant white for...you can imaging my room is a bit boxy in perspective

i use dulux trade vinyl matt..from the dulux trade centre

the choice as they say is yours...

good luck...

5. JP_

JP_

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  6. mrcrow

mrcrow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes i have used a jasmine type colour in the kitchen...when i do the bedrooms, and they look ok in the grey i will do the rest of the house the same...except the hall...
    our kitchen has light wood units, white tiling, and timber effect flooring..vinyl planks..
    good luck

7. mikeey84

mikeey84

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We have dulux sea salt in a few rooms, quite subtle off white with a hint of blue.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. mrcrow

mrcrow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks again...

9. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

10. Sponsored Links