What do I need to fix this brick step?

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brick step in the garden has started crumbling. Is there any off-the-shelf mix I can get to redo the bricks?

Am assuming I just need some kind of cement?

photo1gnz.jpg

The step is very infrequently used, by the way.

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You would be better off buying some concrete slabs and laying these so that they overhang and protect the bricks.

Sponsored Links
He'd be better off- knocking it all down andstarting again.
Air brick was put in because it filled a gap- very cheaply and conveniently.
Its a MESS-- cowboy job and done to a low price.
How anyone could do a job like that is beyond me. But- I would bet for sure it's a DIY'er.
Not even half of a day of a job -- with materials-- £100 for me- easy easy easy job.
ps-- I'd make it look really classy too.

Thanks for the advice, think I'll just patch it up rather than putting new slabs down.

Cheers!

Hey Woody- Air brick could be 'tubed' through to the house--but judging by the state of the job--I'd very much doubt it.
Like you say- fill it in and be done with it.

Thanks for the advice, think I'll just patch it up rather than putting new slabs down.

Cheers!

A landlord no doubt. :rolleyes:

Probably- but a landlord very much unlike me .
I could 'mint up' that very small job and make it look real nice .

I really look after my tenants-- Fool me huh ?. I know I know - but- i cant be any different .

Cheers!

Errrr, no, actually. The step on the other door is identical and I'd like them to look the same.

Sort of 2 wrongs make a right ?.

well- we all choose how we live .
Wish you all the best in solving your problem.
here's a tip though- if you get 'ready mixed ' mortar from B & Q etc-- check the ''use by'' date.
Even i got caught out on it 6 months ago- when I was doing a little job on other side of town-- and got a quickie bag of ready mixed mortar-- added water and 5 mins later--it was rock-solid .
Beware of the men with red dungarees on and a badge with their name --especially if the name is Gordon. :LOL:

Cheers!

I really look after my tenants-- Fool me huh ?. I know I know - but- i cant be any different .

Lordy! Do you ever stop going on about how wonderful you are? It's getting quite tedious to read what a wonderful job you would make of just about everything. If you have to tell everybody that so often I'm pretty sure it isn't true.

Cheers!

Lordy! Do you ever stop going on about how wonderful you are? It's getting quite tedious to read what a wonderful job you would make of just about everything. If you have to tell everybody that so often I'm pretty sure it isn't true.

I AM wonderful and I always do wonderful jobs .
The job is either right- or wrong . No middle ground.
Too many so-called tradesmen get away with doing sloppy work.

Would YOU want a step outside your house like that ?. (maybe you would)
It wants demolishing.

Cheers!

I AM wonderful and I always do wonderful jobs .
The job is either right- or wrong . No middle ground.
Too many so-called tradesmen get away with doing sloppy work.

Would YOU want a step outside your house like that ?. (maybe you would)
It wants demolishing.

I never said the step wasn't a poor job, nor has anybody else.

But I doubt very much you are that wonderful, otherwise you wouldn't be so short of work (as is evident from your posts)

And your constant need to say how good your are smacks of bravado and insecurity.

Anyway, we are going off topic and so I will bow out at this stage and not comment further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back