What Do I Use To Stick Edge Trims To UPVC Windows?

15 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me what I need to buy to stick edge trims/profiles to the edges of UPVC windows and doors to fill the gaps? Trims are UPVC, quadrant or similar.

Someone did tell me what to get but I forgot. Seem to remember he said I needed to get 2 different bottles - one poss a cleaner or primer, the other being adhesive/solvent.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Possibly they were referring to super glue and activator, personally I find it a bit risky offering something up and before you know it its stuck in the wrong place or you've dripped a bit down the frame, sticking with silicone is my preferred method, try not to use glazing tape as when the sun softens the glue they can start falling off
If you've not use glue and activator before just stick them on with some silicone.
I always use both, normally find the caulk inside cracks if just glued so always run silicone down the wall as well as glueing to the frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links