What do mpa mean ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I purchased a new pump for my boiler from a plumbing shop I was given the model to fit my boiler but My old pump says max 3 bar but the new pump says max 0.3MPa can anyone tell me what this means are they the same thing as I do not want to fit if wrong

Sponsored Links
Mpa stands for Megapascals and the conversion rate is 0.1 so 3 Bar is 0.3 Mpa so the pump you have is correct

Pascals (Pa) are the standard metric measure of force per unit area - pressure, in other words. 1 Pascal being defined as being equivalent to 1 Newton of force per square meter.

1 Bar is an old imperial measure of pressure and is equivalent to a standardised value of atmospheric pressure at sea level, this is approximately 14.5 pounds per square inch (psi)

Purely by coincidence, the standardised atmospheric pressure at sea level comes out at almost exactly 100,000 Pascals (101,325 to be exact) or 0.1 MegaPascals (MPa). So you get a nice neat conversion factor of 0.1 between MPa and Bar, even though they're really nothing to do with each other.

Sponsored Links
Pete have you ever thought about being a chaser on the TV show called the Chase ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back