What do wall ties really do?

thanks guys, so double skin thermalite wall with either the brick reinforcing product u showed me shy or a couple of piers on the 3 metre runs of wall.

btw thanks atoz for your help and info regarding the cavitys, its interesting to know that really cavities are not better than a double skined wall.

For cost reasons I think im going to use concrete blocks as they work out cheaper than thermalite. Should I make brick piers or block ones? Also do I just build the two leaves for my blockwork and tie in with wall ties every 4 courses?

Also thank you for telling me what to do for the roof.

Sponsored Links
emp are you a bricklayer?or one of woodys men ie jack o all master of none.you gonna use the bricky machine lol ?

lol, no no. not a bricklayer. Have done small brick jobs and just wana further my knowledge and skill whilst at the same time seeing to my needs.

not gna use the bricky thingy, havent managed to get one myself yet.

lol , take your time laying the bed once you get that right you should be ok 6 and 1 mix when you come out the ground even if you lay 50 a day better than 200 what look smudgy and wonky lol ,gl :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that fnt, im the sort of guy that if there is one trowel mark on a 2metre wide wall I'll redo the hole wall to get that one mark rite lol

lol be carefull then cost you a fortune otherwise ,uppose you got all the tools ,nice wide marshaltown jointer dont press too deep soft hand brush depending on the brick dont wait to long before you brush ,having said that i knocked a few untidy walls over my self rain sinking engineerings , not every one is perfect :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back