what do you do if tradesman only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have turned up to do a couple of jobs this year and knock on the door 8 am to be told that the job has already been done!!!!!
the jobs are booked days in advance why cant they pick up the phone and cancel.
this week i ahve told them i am going to small claims them

Sponsored Links
may be they only tell you its been done :LOL:
but i agree there is such a thing as a telephone, but having said that, some of my work colleges are frightened to ring a customer to say they are running late

wait till the next time they call tell them once you are booked they will be charged accordingly
hour at your rate at least
had similar probs with tennants till landlord started getting bills for me going to job and nobody in :)

Contact Nicky Cambell to cock head to one side , look sincere, hold clipboard
up under chin on BBC customers from hell, and then move onto how much we are ripped off with the licence fee and what he gets paid an hour, what there isn't such a program shock horror :evil: I can see it now, front door, evasive fertive looking person, (nooooo not nicky) hellooooooooo Mr customer, is it not true you called a plumber and made an arrangment and then got someone else with out letting the other one know, Mr customer, Mr customer, OI W*NKK*R, ahh I see I have your attention now, oops mind the camera *"*^$%$££%^^ :evil:

Sponsored Links
Correct Kev. I was recently fitting a kitchen and the customer changed the layout 5 times while we were fitting it, despite having the plan professionally drawn up. And then she found it hard to understand why I put extra costs on the invoice for it. !!!

reminds me of job where another sparks was supposed to be there 3 weeks, 6 months later still there, customer keeps changing things

reminds of a job a few years ago kitchen fitter (good) and ive seen a few
couldnt get across to the customer why the crown moulding looked a different colour tween table and cabinet
was the way the light caught it
made him change it three times but paid up cash on the nail
did the same to me (but lets not go there ) :)

One way round the original problem here is to get credit cards working for you and take a ccard number over the phone when you book the slot. Then charge their card . A couple of people I know do do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back