What do you do with your old Christmas tree?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason I can't use my Christmas tree as mulch?

Sponsored Links
perfect for it (take the baubles and fairy off first though!) :LOL:

The Cory wastage in our area have a collection for our Christmas trees or you can take it to their Recycling Centres for composting.

Sponsored Links
Keep it somewhere dry until Nov 5th - by then it'll make a fantastic foundation for a bonfire...

But the serious answer to the actual topic title question - I put mine out on the pavement along with my bags of bottles, cans, paper etc, and my council takes it away for recycling.

I did have a wheeze to get rid of a tree that way that I've got in my garden that needs to come down. It's not too big for me to fell it myself, and I was going to drag it into the front garden, stand it up and put lights on it, thus turning it into a Christmas Tree that the council would take away FOC, but I wasn't well enough to do it, and I don't think we can wait until next Christmas to be rid of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back