What do you think of this?

Sponsored Links
My lad is thinking of buying this.

Looking at the ownership history, it was first registered 12/9/19 in Luton.

Second keeper on 27/11/20 was a fleet co in Brighton.

4 services to car:

11/20 16110
8/21 32262
6/22 48925
3/23 65999

All at a garage in Barnsley.

I guess there could have been an initial service in the first year.

Find it odd a fleet company would buy second hand cars albeit a year old.

Would you have any hesitation in buying it?

There are advisories and its not clear if they've been done.

Is that a good price?

I would ping them an email and ask to see a few shots of the front OSF corner and the engine bay, i dont think it's burned enough of a hole in my retinas yet.
That aside looks like a trusty rep mobile where noone apart from the driver sat in it most of the time, normally always services on time etc, one look in the the oil filler hole should tell you all you need to know, normally better health engines that run long runs and regular fluid changes etc. Hmm what are the advisories.

Do you know what?

I normally check, but didn't this time.

Bit put off...

1702072075946.png

Sponsored Links
My lad is thinking of buying this.

Looking at the ownership history, it was first registered 12/9/19 in Luton.

Second keeper on 27/11/20 was a fleet co in Brighton.

Maybe it was fleet owned from new, just transferred to a different part of the company, with a different name?

OK those advisories are nothing out the ordinary at all. Obviously sounds like they're saving profit on doing that work, i guess some bargaining power there for pads and front discs £250-300 quids worth of work, easy jobs to do if you're handy yourself.
Oil leak another story though possibly, if it's a cam cover or similar that's ok few drips here n there ok. But if its a bearing seal or something, a gamble to take or get a AA style inspection for peace of mind to try and locate this leak. Not so good if you have a tarmac drive or similar and it starts spotting oil.

Those little TC engines are ace but they are highly stressed which leads to big bills if they go wrong.

I'm sure they are high mileage cars running around fine but they are not designed for a long life. Long stroke, low comp they are not.

The oil leak would bother me.
Might be nothing though.

Problem is that modern cars are all like this for emissions so it's pick yer poison.

It's a solid maybe from me.
Much haggling and a clear idea of the oil leak would be needed.

I wouldn't be rushing for that 1.

Lot of miles in a short time for that engine. If the oil leak is anything more than cam cover gasket or oil pressure switch I'd leave it alone

Brakes, pads and discs, simple fix.

Oil leaks only get worse, not better.

Good point by festive, as regards oil leaks on drives.

Thanks everyone.

I'll leave it alone.

I guess the 1.4T is a better bet than that 1.0 engine?

Back on to the Kia Ceed. He test drove one (or rather the dealer said that as we can't insure you (too young), your Mum will have to do it for you).

Bit disappointing. The next place in Brum would have been happy to let him drive.

But he loved it nonetheless and has decided he wants a petrol estate.

We found one, but a CarVertical check found it had been clocked! Thought the price was too good to be true..... Those CarVertical checks are worth their weight in gold.

Sponsored Links