Mad Price

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine once bought a car which had been advertised with and priced according to a mistaken mileage figure - it was actually considerably less. New-ish car, and it was something like 10K real vs 35K advertised/priced.

To his credit the dealer honoured the advertised price.

Sponsored Links
That cars history suggests to me that its been driven damn hard in the short time its been registered.

It says its only done 10.000

It's most likely done 63k. Not 630k.

Screenshot_20181202-212145.png

It has had a couple of MOT fails and a lot of advisories however so I wouldn't think it has been looked after by previous keepers.

Certainly isn't worth £4k in my mind with the MOT history but it is priced inline with what you'd expect to pay on the forecourt market.

One careful owner...

and three very careless ones.

Advisories are often ways that garages get you to pay for work not really needed. I'm sure I can't be the only person to have seen the came advisory cropping up year after year without anything getting worse or failing.

And it is somewhat car-dependent, but I'd rather buy a 3-year old car with 100K on the clock, as that usually can only mean mostly motorway cruising, than one with 10K, as that usually meant lots of short and/or stop-start journeys.

Advisories are often ways that garages get you to pay for work not really needed. I'm sure I can't be the only person to have seen the came advisory cropping up year after year without anything getting worse or failing.

And it is somewhat car-dependent, but I'd rather buy a 3-year old car with 100K on the clock, as that usually can only mean mostly motorway cruising, than one with 10K, as that usually meant lots of short and/or stop-start journeys.

I know who not to ask for motoring advice.

You can download a list of all 23190 currently active MOT stations in the UK. If you're sure they add on advisories for business why go to the same one twice when there are over 23k to choose from.

And no it doesn't mean only motorway crusing, there are far more things to look for as an indicator of motorway milage than just the odometer value and the age of the car aside from the fact 100k is still 100k. A courier is a good example of use that is inner city that could easily clock 30k miles a year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...02860/active-mot-testing-stations.csv/preview

Last edited by a moderator:
You can download a list of all 23190 currently active MOT stations in the UK. If you're sure they add on advisories for business why go to the same one twice when there are over 23k to choose from.
You're not very good at this, are you.

Advisories are often ways that garages get you to pay for work not really needed.

And no it doesn't mean only motorway crusing,

Having looked at all the megamilers on Autotrader, they all look like their mileages had an extra digit added in error.

Saying "you're not very good at this, are you" while at the same time pulling it out of your arse doesn't make it any less of a pile sh1t than it is.

MOT centres are often not garages.

You are not at any point required to have the work done at that MOT centre.

See, I can use bold and a larger font too, difference being I'm not talking out of my arse while offering 'advice'.

You may be comfortable driving a 100k+ genuine motorway milage advisory riddled bag of tat but don't offer that same nonsense as advice to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back