A couple of questions about Corgi registration please

1, Is the installer registered or the company
2, Is the any comeback with Corgi if not satisfied with work

Are Vaillant biolers eco tech 637 and Unistor as good as i have heard

Thanks

Sponsored Links
tally100 said:
1, Is the installer registered or the company
The company, with declared operatives. The CORGI Id card shows details of the individual who can do the work.

2, Is the any comeback with Corgi if not satisfied with work
Yes and no. You can report someone to CORGI if they break the rules, or if they do something dangerous, but your legal contract for the work is with the RGI and has nothing to do with CORGI.

Are Vaillant biolers eco tech 637 and Unistor as good as i have heard
Yes. Or no. It depends on what you've heard. ;)

The very important thing to understand is that someone who works for British Gas, for example, is NOT CORGI registered if he does jobs on the side!

If a registered person does an installation and say the gas supply is undersized then you can complain to CORGI and they will serve a defects notice and require him to upsize it at his own cost !!!

If the undersized pipe was fitted by an unregistered person then CORGI can/will do nothing !

Using a CORGI gives you much more protection!

Tony

Thanks

I was thinking more about how not to get a cowbow or a rough RGI i am willing to pay the going rate for a good competent job with top quality materials however how do you get someone without a reccomendation
In my job we are all externally accredited but i would'nt let 50% of them touch my equipment.
Pity i didn't go into CH fitting and repair i would have liked it.
I was a service eng for my trade 20 years but now fly a desk :( .
Ar well wishful thinking :)

Sponsored Links
further more...

CORGI are ONLY concerned with the safety of the installation/operation of appliances regarding the gas supply. they do not give a twiddlers hoot about the actual appearance etc of the install or anything to do with non gas plumbing and any other work carried out by a plumber..unless it concerns gas safety.

............a CORGI doesn't mean that they are good it just means that they've passed an exam that means that they should leave your property knowing that the gas installation and/or appliances are safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back