What does each Heat Exchanger do?

FTL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have a Vaillant Turbomax boiler.

Downloaded the service manual for all the gas out puts etc at the request of the gas guy who is coming to service it tomorrow.

Just curious and was reading through it, most of it made sence but i have a question:

There are 2 heat exchangers in it - a small rectangle one at the bottom behind the front cover that you pull down and then a bigger one thats at the top of the boiler where the flames at that happen.

Why are there 2 and what do they do? (presume they have different roles)

Regards in advance

Sponsored Links
The main heat exch contains the primary water that flows to your rads and also to the small(plate heat exch) where heat is transferred indirectly to the incoming cold water resulting in clean hot water at the taps.

• Thanks
Reactions: FTL
Downloaded the service manual for all the gas out puts etc at the request of the gas guy who is coming to service it tomorrow.
Is that a good idea?
Surely those servicing the boiler would either already have the service manual, or be able to obtain it themselves.

Sponsored Links
Is that a good idea?
Surely those servicing the boiler would either already have the service manual, or be able to obtain it themselves.

It become obligatory when Benchmark was launched in October '99 that the installer was to leave behind all relevant documentation with the householder.

Theres nothing wrong with asking for it in advance. I do. You cant have every boiler manual or we'd all need Mercedes Sprinters as vans to carry them all :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back