What does it mean by blockwork to DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I got a quote from a builder which specs, - blockwork to DPC for a rear extension.

Before I sound stupid, and ask him. Is this a general builders terminology for building the extension walls, or does it actually mean foundation to 1 - 2 courses of Block to standard DPC level, and finish?

If so, that is so strange, I.e, why would anyone price for part of a wall to be constructed ...

Sponsored Links
"Up to".

Can mean the brick external leaf too, bu you need to check if it's not all block

I don’t actually have any brick in my plans I showed him, unless he plans to use engineering bricks to DPC then Block on top of that...

Looked at his other jobs, and seems I’m interpreting Blockwork to DPC could mean down to DPC. He did another job with the same label.

Anywho, will ask tomorrow, thanks for helping me clarify.

Sponsored Links
Below dpc only. That's when the first building inspection after foundations would be. Also probably payment time as stated above!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back