What does my thermostat panel do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, very new to this. Complete DIY novice. I know next-to-nothing.

Have moved into a house in the countryside and am trying to get to grips with everything. The heating system is oil-fired. There are radiators in each room. There is also some kind of thermostat panel (model: Danfoss TP5) on the wall at the bottom of the stairs.

I understand that this panel has a timer control, allowing me to choose when the heating should turn on and off. But the panel also allows me to set the temperature. My question is, why do I need this panel if I already have individual thermostat controls on at the end of each radiator? Does this panel over-ride the thermostats on the radiators?

To confuse me even more, there is already a thermostat panel (Horstmann Centaurplus) in the kitchen, which is the one we have been using to turn the system on and off since we moved in.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back