What does the blue flashing light on a Pyronix PIR mean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm specifically referring to the Pyronix KX15DQ PIR. It's this... When some sort of detection event occurs, the indicator light flashes. There are two flash types.

1. A long steady on, which I assume is a full detection event of something wandering around in front of the sensor.

2. There is also a short flash sometimes. Sometimes it's a double flash, followed by a long steady one. This happens in much the same way, waving your hand in front of the detector.

What's the difference? The instruction leaflet doesn't mention any discrimination between types of detection. The PIR is brand new.

Sponsored Links
To prevent false alarms, some PIRs have a feature that requires more than one trigger within a certain time before sounding the alarm. Usually a short flash signals that the detector has sensed a moving body, but has not triggered an alarm. If it is triggered again, it will operate the alarm which is signaled by a longer flash.

If you put your system into detector test mode, you will find out if this is the case, because nothing will happen until the longer flash occurs.

I can't say for certain if this is the case with your specific PIR, but if you need further help, you can email Pyronix your question at [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back