What drainage for 2ft raised bed

Poe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Putting in a raised floor bed, it's approx 12m in length and 55cm in hight.
Constructed from concrete blocks laid on their flat.
I was going to run perforated land drain 60mm or 80mm behind it.
But would this be worth it given the hight and width of the wall.
Would rubble and 10mm clean grit with drain/weep holes in the wall face be sufficient?

Thanks,

Poe.

Sponsored Links
Raised floor bed!!!
It's meant to read flower bed.
One day I'll learn how to check my spelling!

Na,
I'm sure people will get the point of the post now.
Cheers though.

Sponsored Links
At 12m you would normally need one or two (depending who you talk to) movement joints in the run, have you thought about including this?
Weep holes would be fine for this basic application, but you need to consider what that will look like and where they weep to, as they will eventually cause ugly staining and, potentially, the run-off can freeze in cold weather, making the surface slippery or damaging the pavement over time.

Thanks SpaceWorm,
Yeah I've got a movement joint in with slip ties. I can hide the weep holes in a gravel path or slightly above so wouldn't be very noticeable.
Where this wall meets another wall, that wall has lower stepped foundations so might just run drainage pipe down to this.
Cheers Poe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back