What drill bit is this?

Sponsored Links
Ah thanks merlin50 and trazor

Just checked out a video on how to use them.

I don't have the wrench part to use them, maybe I'll find it as I've got lots more to go through.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Just for info / knowledge or maybe its because I'm an anorak but thats a taper tap, which is used to initially start the threaded hole. Ideally that should be followed by a second and finally a plug or bottoming tap which would be essential if the hole in the metal was blind.
All screw cutting taps like this one need the correct size of tapping drill before the thread will be formed correctly, and a suitable cutting lubricant is essential.....not to mention the technique!
Anyone remember the Zeus booklet for tapping sizes, and Trefolex cutting grease? :p
John :)

Just for info / knowledge or maybe its because I'm an anorak but thats a taper tap, which is used to initially start the threaded hole. Ideally that should be followed by a second and finally a plug or bottoming tap which would be essential if the hole in the metal was blind.
All screw cutting taps like this one need the correct size of tapping drill before the thread will be formed correctly, and a suitable cutting lubricant is essential.....not to mention the technique!
Anyone remember the Zeus booklet for tapping sizes, and Trefolex cutting grease? :p

Mmmm. Trefolex..

Still have two and use them one was a hand me down from my Grandad and is older than me 1972 issue then i got a newer one lol

One of the most useful series of tap's and dies were the B.A series, unfortunately no longer a British standard, common sets usually were in the range 0 to 10 B.A
The numbers represented the number of taps used to successfully tap a deep hole in steel :p :p

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back