what eating the fruit in my fruit bowl?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

a month ago i noticed that part of a plum in my fruit bowl appeared to be nibbled! ive never seen any other signs of mice in this house and i keep a very clean house so assumed i was mistaken. my husband said that because we have a cat it would be unlikely to have mice coming into the house. fair enough.

but this morning ive spotted an identical chunk has been nibbled out of an apple in my fruit bowl during the night!

i kept gerbils as a child so the nibble marks look very familiar to me. im sure i can even see small teeth marks.

the cat is shut in the utility room at night so a mouse could happily get in elsewhere. but wouldnt the mouse smell a cat and stay away?

im attaching a pic of the apple so see if anyone can suggest a culprit. are there any other signs i can look out for to confirm its a mouse? i havent seen poo pellets anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
IMAGE18198.jpg

judging by thw wat the bite marks look.i`d have to say that was a crocodile!

If you have a cat they often bring live mice in to play with and then they escape in the house. Houses with cats are more likely to have mice because of this. I've got a feral cat that eats all it's kills as I don't usually feed it so I don't have that problem.

We had exactly the same incident.

The critter was caught in a humane trap and released. The sprogs were delighted by the whole event. :LOL:

Site the moose trap along wall/floor abutments or where the work surface meets the wall.

I suggest that you try this, dust the area of the table around the fruit bowl with flour, that should show up the tracks of the culprit and give you a clue as to what might be causing the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back