What frame size do i make

M

marsaday

I am converting my loft and need to fit a door into my central truss. This means i need to first create a frame out of the truss and then add a door frame and then fit the door.

So i wondered what dimensions i should leave in order to fit a door frame.

I will be fitting a 1981x762x35mm door. The frame i will make will be out of 50mm wood. So by my working i need to leave a newly created frame out of the truss allowing for the door, the frame and then an extra 10mm on the side dimensions and 5mm on the top dimension . Does this sound right?

My opening ready for the new frame and door will be 2034 x 872.

Should i allow more or is this ok.

Sponsored Links
Sounds confusing , whats 50mm timber, is that one of the dimensions or two?
Why don't you buy the door and a matching door lining and that will dictate the opening you need.

the 50mm timber is the casing for the door i will make. it is 50mm thick. the wall i will be building around the truss is going to be 20cm thick, so the casing will be some timber 50mm x 200mm plus. i will cut it down.

It is easier for me to do the work and then buy the doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back