What grout colour?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I hate making decisions when I havent got a clue what I am talking about :D I am having these tiles laid on my bathroom floor:

http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod4657/section1340/Oriente-Beige-Floor-Tile-45x45cm.html

What colour grout would you go for? I dont think white is right (apart from getting dirty very quickly), we have similar beige coloured tiles on the wall with a kind of off-white grout but not really sure what colour it is! But I also see some people say to go with a darker grout as it is easier to clean.

Sponsored Links
Never use white grout on floors; it’ll look grubby quiet quickly. Grey goes with most tile colours; my personal bathroom has beige tiles with grey grout lines. Alternative is to go with a beige colour but be careful, are they polished or glazed porcelain (link doesn’t say)? Polished porcs need sealing to avoid staining but some come pre-sealed, check with supplier. If they are polished porcs use white adhesive rather than grey & avoid strong contrasting grout colours.

Your tiler should advise but I hope you picked him carefully, especially if it’s a suspended timber floor! ;)

thanks, seems light grey is probably suitable for everything :D Its an insurance job and they are providing the tradesmen, hopefully they know what they are doing! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back