What have you had for dinner

Sponsored Links
Took me time to ketchup but I can see that you know what side your bread is buttered.

I have thought about doing the circuit as a comedian. However I'm not sure I'd make much dough.

Sponsored Links
Cooked the easiest roast dinner ever today. I always make a couple of extra dinners when we have a Sunday roast. One for my mum, one for Mrs Motties mum. We freeze them and they have them the following week. My mum still had a frozen one from the week before that she'd not eaten and with Mrs Motties mum now in a care home, we had two spares on our hands. Popped them in the microwave and a couple of frozen Yorkshire’s in the air fryer and we had a full roast on the table just five minutes later. Best thing was, just two plates and two knives and forks to wash up too. I might double up on ours from now on so we have an easy meal every other week.

I've never actually tried that. Is it as good as when first cooked?

Yes. I always wrap the whole meal and plate in clingfilm before freezing. We reheated ours up in the microwave but my mum always heats hers up in the oven with another plate over the top (to stop it drying out) even though she has a microwave. Old school.

No, it's warm up, and very obviously so to me. Roasted meat, just doesn't taste the same, if it is rewarmed. Vegetables, likewise, the taste changes, but there are workarounds....

Left over mashed potato, just reheated as mash, tastes horrible. However, recooked in the oven it's fine. It works well on cottage pie, we make them in batches, and freeze them. Leftover mash can be added to cabbage, then either cooked in the oven, or fried in a pan.

Sliced meat, warms up OK, if warmed in a pan in gravy, or can be used in a casserole, pie, or stew.

Egg fried rice and veggie spring rolls.

Tip top: cook the rice well beforehand - preferably overnight - then leave it to chill in the fridge. It makes the rice tastier.

Dipping sauce: one tbs smoky tom' sauce; one tbs white rice vinegar; one tbs Lee Kum soy sauce, and one tbs demerara sugar. Stirred (not shaken) til smooth, then spoon into a small bowl. Serve. Sorted.

Sponsored Links
Back