What holds conservatory roofs down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old-ish cons on our house, not installed by us.

When its windy (we live on Anglesey, so windy quite often) the roof panels flap about along their bottom edges, emitting loud farty noises and letting in a lot of cold air.

They seem to rely on being stuck down by gravity, so last year I ran some sealant along them, which only held for a few months.
IMG_20180103_084151620.jpg
this is the outside...the white trim (arrowed) is an L shaped trim, stuck down with sealant (several have blown away)

IMG_20180103_084229216.jpg
This is the view inside, arrowed are the edges that flap about.

Is there something I could screw down on the roof to keep these panels in place?

Sponsored Links
Its not clear from the photo, but could you not use some polycarb fixings and sealant?
polycarbonate-fixing-buttons_cle-1694.jpg

Thanks. I'll nip up on a ladder and take a look at what I could screw into

Sponsored Links
The sheets ‘float’ only the bars are held down. The poly will be quite brittle now so if you decide to use buttons then pre drill it first. I’d just take off the white sheet closures and re fix with adhesive and then from the inside gun the adhesive under the poly from left to right. Lift the poly up from the inside as you gun along so it squashes the sealant as you release it down again. Don’t use silicone, use an MS Polymer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back