What hose connector for this tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
740EA821-F464-4287-8B19-C77C8EB8772E.jpeg

Been looking online and reading mixed reviews on various connectors and am wondering has anyone got a tap like this and found a connector that works?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Been looking online and reading mixed reviews on various connectors and am wondering has anyone got a tap like this and found a connector that works?
What type of hose are you wanting,need more info :unsure:

Sponsored Links
My tap has a round end. Guess it’s worth a punt all the same.
there is not really any other product available for your tap,if you change your tap's to a mixer with a 24mm threaded aerator them other more professional adaptors are available.

I have some thing for connecting a hose to those taps and they are crap. I'd get an outside tap fitted or one with a thread fitted under the sink.

Anywhere you can! Bear in mind you'll need an isolation valve and double check valve in the supply, so allow room to get those in.

Anywhere you can! Bear in mind you'll need an isolation valve and double check valve in the supply, so allow room to get those in.

Cheers mate. One last thing that has sprung to mind. The blue and red pipes are for the washing machine and dishwasher but what prevents the backflow of water as there are no check valves used?

Backflow prevention is built into the machines. Washing machines fill at the top, whole machine would have to be underwater for that to be a risk. A garden hose is different, could be left filling a paddling pool, fishpond, or even down a drain, with the end of the hose submerged.

Personally I'd use this opportunity to get rid of that plastic Y, they're not very strong and if it fails while your back is turned.....

Backflow prevention is built into the machines. Washing machines fill at the top, whole machine would have to be underwater for that to be a risk. A garden hose is different, could be left filling a paddling pool, fishpond, or even down a drain, with the end of the hose submerged.

Personally I'd use this opportunity to get rid of that plastic Y, they're not very strong and if it fails while your back is turned.....

Thanks for the helpful info. I’ve taken it all onboard.

What would you replace the plastic Y with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back