what is black spotting type mould in bottom corner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i hope i have posted this in the right section. i am buying a house and i looked at a property last night. place seem sound through out and pointing is perfect but on leaving the property i noticed some black spotting on the side wall inside the house just down from the front door. could this be just condensation or worse rising damp? obviously the surveyor will pick up on this but if he does i will either need discount on the agreed price or have to start house hunting again which means paying another surveyor.

Sponsored Links
It'll almost certainly be condensation on the cold surface near the door. If I was the seller and you tried asking for a discount from me for that, even if your surveyor does note it, I'd probably be telling you to go forth and multiply.

IMHO, by and large older houses always have some faults, and in a sellers market there is no incentive to agree discounts. Round our way houses are selling in about 10 days, so plenty of buyers out there.

i would not be looking for discount for condensation i would be if it where rising damp tho and the surveyor picked up on it or else i would just move on and look for another house

Sponsored Links
a surveyor is not going to collapse a deal unless its rising damp. but i would agree its most likely condensation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back