What is it, and is it important?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit WIDL126 washing-machine has been making a helluva noise for months now. I managed to remove a large chunk of metal from between the inner and outer drums by pulling it through the hole for what I think is the the temperture sensor - a round plastic thing about 2cm across, held in place with a rubber grommet.

However, below that are two things that look like probes. One on the right has a blue wire, one on the left a brown wire, into a blue plastic cylindrical casing, about 7mm in diameter. I managed to snap off the one with brown wire going to it, and as it's a copper "pin" into the drum, I can't refasten it to the brown electrical wire.

Anyone know what this probe thingy does, and is it important? The machine seems to work fine without it!

Cheers

L

Sponsored Links
Yep, that's the beastie!

Cheers for that .... looks to be an easy enough job to replace?

Thanks.

L

Fitting a new one is quite easy, fitting a secondhand one is not so easy as the rubber gasket swells in use. You really need to know whether the bit of metal you got out was part of the machine as there might be a more serious problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks fidom.

The piece of metal that I extracted from between the inner and outer drum was a drilled sheet, about 1mm thick, and reasonably sturdy - it would be hard to bend with fingers. The holes are about 2mm in diameter, and about the same again apart. There were two seperate pieces, about 4cm x 1cm or so .... although it's hard to tell, as they were quite "rounded" around the edges from being tumbled about between the drums for a few months.

To me, it's likely they came from inside the machine, but my small son can have all sorts of junk in his pockets sometimes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back