What Is It With Plumbers

GTL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying or should I say, been trying for the past six months to get a plumber to fit a new bathroom suite but every time I phone my local plumbers they say "I'll phone you back", but never do. So what is it with plumbers that they don't want to fit a bathroom suite? Surely they can't all be busy all of the time, or is it that they only like to do certain jobs. Some enlightenment would be greatful.

Sponsored Links
A plumber would probably plumb in a bathroom suite that is already fitted but probably won’t be interested in the actual fitting side of things. Try a general handyman/builder type.

IMO it goes across the board for so called "tradesmen." They only want big paying jobs that they can finish in a couple of months, charge huge sums for and then begger off to sunny climes. I have just asked a local builder to re-felt my garage roof. He wouldn't do that but he would tile it for £3500. Okay if I could get that sort of work I suppose I would do it as well. Bottom line is that I tend to do as many jobs myself.

A plumber would probably plumb in a bathroom suite that is already fitted but probably won’t be interested in the actual fitting side of things. Try a general handyman/builder type.
Most builder / handyman fitted bathrooms I've seen have been awful. A plumber who advertises bathroom fitting is what's needed

Sponsored Links
i had a lot of trouble getting any trades to come and do various jobs here, they are often on new builds or the very expensive part of town, doing bigger jobs.
Took almost 18 mths to get someone to do our bathroom & on-suite , had quite a few guys turn up to quote , and then never heard from them.
In the end we had some builders who had just started up on their own, father & son , did an excellent job in the end.
Had the same issue with Roofers and also electricians.

Talking to other people in the area, its not an uncommon issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back