Fitting A New Gas Hob

Whats your location bolo (maybe a game of snooker if you under 50 miles away).

IIFC you a good player :D

David.

Have got a gassafe guy now but am intrigued by the snooker reference. What's that all about? Also what does IIFC mean?

Sponsored Links
Whats your location bolo (maybe a game of snooker if you under 50 miles away).

IIFC you a good player :D

David.

Have got a gassafe guy now but am intrigued by the snooker reference. What's that all about? Also what does IIFC mean?
Possibly 'If I Forgetmy CUE' ,,Den you is a good playa. :LOL: ......

Well,, that's what I think it means. ;)

Finding a plumber to fit my gas hob is proving to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. No less than 6 dont want to know and a further 2 have let me down. Perhaps I should have let the non-gassafe guy do the job, he's had a plumbing business here for more than 20 years. Now another non-registered plumber is willing to do the job. What would you do guys :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
You definately need a gas safe registered installer.
The unregistered guy might be able to install it with no leaks afterwards but will the supply pressures be correct? Will the safety devices work (if the hob is fitted with ffd's?)
All the more importantly he'll be breaking the law and u'll be putting your families lives at risk!
Where abouts are you anyway? As i said earlier, I'd be happy to lighten your wallet if you're in my area :D

Quite a way from the midlands then!!!!
Hope you get someone GSR'd to sort it for you. Can't believe you're having troubles to get it fitted!! People are falling over themselves for work round here at the moment and would love a nice easy job like that for a quick earner.
Mind you it does seem that amongst all the desperation for work people are more concerned chasing the big jobs to give the little ones the thought.
Silly really as the small jobs are mostly in- out and get paid and soon add up.
Still, I'm hardly Alan Sugar so who am I to comment! :LOL:

Can't believe you're having troubles to get it fitted!! People are falling over themselves for work round here at the moment and would love a nice easy job like that for a quick earner.

There is so much work in this area that the plumbers pick the plums! :cry:

Got 2 further phone numbers from friends yesterday evening but both plumbers are too busy!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Saw a plumbers van in the street last night spoke to the guy and he came early today and fitted the hob in less than half an hour. Wouldn't take more than £10 and even when I said he'd have to take £20 because I had nothing less, he said he had change. Anyway :idea: put the extra £10 in an envelope and slipped it into his bag. Twenty minutes later it dropped back through my letter box. :( About to have a fry-up! :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back