Fitting A New Gas Hob

S

Shutpa

Buying a new gas hob from Currys but their guys cant fit it for 2 weeks. Phoned 3 local plumbers but they are all too busy (or my job is too small). Are there national plumbers who do minor jobs?

Sponsored Links
i think powell is right....try local plumbers from gasafe or yellow pages.....but best bet would be a recomendation from someone

I normally do this sort of job on the way home at tea time as I'm usually busy during the day.

Sponsored Links
Buying a new gas hob from Currys but their guys cant fit it for 2 weeks. Phoned 3 local plumbers but they are all too busy (or my job is too small). Are there national plumbers who do minor jobs?

you should post where you are and someone might jump in and offer to lighten your wallet for you

Thanks for the replies guys - found an on the way home job man. My next problem is to find a hob that fits the 545x480x40mm recess left by the last one. Since the cut-out sizes aren't displayed, how do find out what the correct dimentions should be?

PS If anyone knows of a stainless stell hob with the usual 4 burners at around £150 to £200 that would fit the gap I'd be grateful to know about it.

Thanks for the replies guys - found an on the way home job man. My next problem is to find a hob that fits the 545x480x40mm recess left by the last one. Since the cut-out sizes aren't displayed, how do find out what the correct dimentions should be?

PS If anyone knows of a stainless stell hob with the usual 4 burners at around £150 to £200 that would fit the gap I'd be grateful to know about it.

might not be too easy, but you could try random MI's via google for hobs as the cut out size will be documented

might not be too easy, but you could try random MI's via google for hobs as the cut out size will be documented
Cheers mate. Comet are excellent at providing the required cut-out sizes but all are either too big or too small. Will now go to the joinery forum to find an easy way of enlaring the existing gap.

You get a downward cutting blade for a quality jigsaw.

Or if you don't have one you use a circular saw for the sraight bits and do the radiuses by drilling a series of holes along the line, then hammer and chisel.

I've just fitted a new Bosch hob (it was more than £200 though) but the cutout was 560mm x 480mm so would simply need the recess extending a bit. So long as your new hob needs a bigger cutout and not a smaller one you should be ok :D

Just use a jigsaw to cut a bigger hole. Ill travel to fit a hob as money in my bank is better than in anyones else's.

Whats your location bolo (maybe a game of snooker if you under 50 miles away).

IIFC you a good player :D

David.

I'll second that Here briefly!
If its too far from you I'll gladly do it it's in my area!
I'm abit Thomas tank at snooker though so I'd have to give that a miss :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back