What is it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is for an old door bell.

I was going to remove it but then noticed it seems to be wired into the plug below it.

Is it just a case of unwiring it from the plug below?

Thanks

Jvc0wLE.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think this is for an old door bell.

I was going to remove it but then noticed it seems to be wired into the plug below it.

Is it just a case of unwiring it from the plug below?

Thanks

Jvc0wLE.jpg
That is a socket below it not a plug. The white box that you think is a door bell is a bell transformer.

Sponsored Links
That is a socket below it not a plug. The white box that you think is a door bell is a bell transformer.

I realise that. I don't know why I call it a plug :) Transformers, door bells in disguise.

Reading the symbols at top/bottom of door bell it shows
s2.gif
the little square means it is short circuit protected and I think the other bit shown on your symbol means input also protected so I would guess nothing really wrong with it. Can't read all the symbols so can't be 100% sure but I am sure you can search the internet and find exactly what each one means.

It shows it is a safety isolating transformer (ie double wound). As eric says, the square indicates it is short circuit protected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back