what is on the roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I happened to see a white object on my roof (the white wheel-like thing in the photo) and I wonder what it is.
Could be something falling off from the roof vent or just random stuff brought here by the birds?

Thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_115649.jpg
    IMG_20210830_115649.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Where is this soffit vent located? I couldn't see anything like that around my roof. Is it visible from outside? Do you mean the big vent thing on the ridge (top of the roof)?

Attached is a photo of my house.

Or could it be from somewhere else and the wind or bird brought it here?

Attachments

• IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 44
And my soffit is show in the photo. The vent is not circular, but a long, rectangular shape.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Where is this soffit vent located? I couldn't see anything like that around my roof. Is it visible from outside? Do you mean the big vent thing on the ridge (top of the roof)?

In the soffits, the panels which run parallel to the ground - looking up from below, it should be obvious if any are missing, you will have an open circular hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back