What is that smell......????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I are renovating an old farm house using the original building materials, the main ingridient being clay, amongst other things. Yesterday I had just unloaded the mixer for the second time when I got the faint whiff of something not exactly nasal friendly but having the flu at the moment just couldn't pick up what it was. Half way through plastering the clay on the lounge room wall my sinuses cleared. CAT, not pee, POO :eek: My face happened to be about 10 inches from the wall at the time. :mad: We seem to have an over abundance of the "four legged fur balls"(not my favourite animal at the moment) in our area so I should have expected it. The amazing part is as the wall dries the smell lessens, or I'm getting used to it. Have I found a new Eco building material :confused: .......Kev

Sponsored Links
not really, years ago they mixed cow poo with straw, instant plaster

heres hoping that in summer when everything heats up the smell wont come back to haunt you lol

There is a special device to detect turds in clay walls .........it`s called an adobe reader :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yeah, good one Nige :LOL: Breezer, cow would mix a lot better. Now fab . We had to put a heater in the room to speed up the drying process and at first no probs. Then, slowly, patches appeared that were about 5cm in diameter, furry, ranging from white in colour to......I can only call it greenish brown but no smell. Yet. The only way to fix the prob ! Dig out the spots and fill. Feeeeeewwww :eek: I'll give no more details but prob has been remedied and still trying to convince wife into letting me buy gun.....Kev

You've got 'flu and you're plastering?

Most people who get 'flu can't even get out of bed. What's your secret?

RigidRaider said:
You've got 'flu and you're plastering?

Most people who get 'flu can't even get out of bed. What's your secret?

It's not flu, it's just a mild cold, beloved of employees.

Back