what is the best plastic pipe/fittings manufacturers?

Sponsored Links
I think the ones where the grab ring is innermost and the seal ring is outermost. That way the damage the grab ring does to the pipe wall is not compromising the effectiveness of the seal ring. It also ensures the seal is made before the pipe is firmly held. But there again, I might be wrong :)

I have always used Hep2o, they have been around the longest and are tried and tested.

Their new fitting is quite simply the best I have used, it has a joint recognition system ( so you can tell the pipe is fully in), and the secure demounting tools means that people are less likely to tamper with it.
Add to that their pipe is PB not PEX (more flexible) and it carries a 50 year warranty.

Jackrae, the general feeling in the trade (volume plastic users, NHB sector) is that they prefer the grip first, "O" ring last set up. This is because if the pipe isn't pushed fully into the fitting it will leak and can be simply just pushed in, whereas the other way round it can result in a "Full Bore" blow off.

Sponsored Links
JG or Hep, not really much in it now that JG has the layflat pipe the difference in flexibility is minimal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back