What is the best solution to repair this wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best solution to repair this wall?

So this is the bottom of my plasterboard, it is one side of a ready made partition with nothing between the two sides of plasterboard except for a lattice of cardboard. I removed the skirting and then tidied up the loose plaster. I have better tools for the job, the next removal of skirting from a pre-made wall.

As I'm not sure how to secure something to the wall I was planning to paint the exposed plasterboard with 5:1 water / PVA and fill the hole from the edges inwards with bonding cost plaster. There idea is to build up the plaster from the edge, only a small amount, and when it dries add a bit on to that. If there is a better way please share as I'm making this up as I go along.

fFP1Dsu.jpg

Sponsored Links
It has just come to me, get a piece of wood to fit the whole length of the wall at the bottom, cut out more wall and lattice to accommodate. Then add 12m plasterboard, fill the gaps, sand, paint and put the skirting back on. Viola.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back