WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INSTALL LAMINATE FLOORING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know i know, another laminate flooring question, ok, keep it brief, i have put laminate flooring down in 2 rooms before, smallish rooms, but the way i did it was the 2nd and subsequent rows i made up and then pushed in, a right pain cos you get 2/3rds along and the first plank gets a gap in it. and it dont do your knees much good. even with a cushion.
my mate reckons you can put in one board at a time, but i am using wickes flooring so put first plank down in 2nd row, then he says put 2nd plank in 2nd row and tap it up to first plank.
well i tried this but there is a lip on width of 1st plank, and this just sheared off. looked on different websites, some use his method, others use mine, it would be easier to use his method of one plank at a time, but am i doing something wrong, wickes instructions say fit line together and then put them all in rather like a zipper, but the room is 51/2 metres long, i dont think my ole knees will stand all that up and down movement, if you pardon the expression, would appreciate some input from all you experts out there. is there an easier way than clicking in 5 or 6 boards at once. thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had the "pleasure" of fitting the Wickes laminate a few years ago and I believe the range was called "Fast Fix". lol. It was a nightmare to fit.
Prior to that I had gotten so used to the Quickstep laminate and their uniclic system that I just assumed all laminate was like that. How wrong I was with the Wickes laminate. As you have experience with the Wickes laminate, you have to lay an entire row before fitting to the previous row. I think laminate from B&Q Floormaster range also used the same fitting method.
I just stick to using Quickstep laminate. Better quality and easier to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back