Need Help to fix real wood floor...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just laid a real wood floating floor..... in living room and hallway without any transition and continued with the wood near the door....

everything looked fine initially... but then something went wrong... :rolleyes:

the plank on the door which avoided me to put a transition is moving up and down as i step on it.... rest of the floor is solid and i am having no problems with it... its just that plank and its join with the row of planks in the hallway and the row of planks in the living room..

can anyone help me to fix this problem now as the full floor is done and dusted.. (or not!!)

Thanks guys...

G

Sponsored Links
gauravmalik said:
the plank on the door which avoided me to put a transition is moving up and down as i step on it.... rest of the floor is solid and i am having no problems with it... its just that plank and its join with the row of planks in the hallway and the row of planks in the living room..
Not exactly sure what you mean by 'which avoided me to put a transition in'? sounds like that board is laid on a part of the underfloor - in the doorway? - that is slightly uneven with the rest of the floor, causing the movement.
Best solution?
Cut the floor in the doorway, creating two seperate floors and install a wooden threholds (T-bar, twin)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back