Solid wood flooring, Float or Secret nail?

Local shop, national outlet?

We are noticing - not just in flooring - that national known outlets are getting the brunt now, and to be honest I'm not surprised by that. Turnover is vanity - cash flow is king.

See a wondering article about 'national' marketing here.

I'm sure you'll find a nice floor with an independent local/regional supplier.

Sponsored Links
It was Carpets4less, near us in Croydon. They were very helpful etc. and contacted when they said they would and so on, but just can't get the flooring now.
Found the same flooring at Vanillafloors in Norfolk, at a better price, and he has 200 metres in stock! I only need 47:)

He said the importer/supplier had been in business for 35 years, but was crippled by cash-flow(it's certainly king in the current economic climate!).

Okay... the flooring is arriving Wednesday, from Vanilla wood flooring, and is a much better price!

I was wondering though, how to deal with the edge of the bottom step of the stairs. It's rounded at the end of the step, rather than square, so therefore the solid Scotia moulding won't conform. What are the options?

Flexible sealant (silicone bath type?)

Flexible moulding

Solid bit of flooring attached to step, and T-barred to the rest of the flooring? (seems an ugly way to do it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back