What is the max. power from an electric shower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I saw an post in a previous thread saying that 10 litres per minute is the max you can get from an electric shower. How many kW does that equate to, since that is what most showers are rated in.

Thanks
BS :D

Sponsored Links
bathroomswap said:
10 litres per minute is the max you can get from an electric shower.

You'll be lucky mate. :LOL:

Electric showers give you around 4-5 lpm. Mixers off a combi give you around 10-11 lpm. :D

Okay, I misread it :oops: It actually said a combi boiler will produce 10ltm...

If we were to out a downstairs shower in with a mixer off a combi, how much problem would you have with other taps or the washing machine being used etc. ?

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch and the mains pipe is IIRC 15mm and not the newer 20mm.

Ta

You will notice a drop in pressure with the hot water travelling the easiest route i.e Shower on upstairs and hot tap open downstairs = all hot water going downstairs. :(

If you can live with only one appliance on at a time, that is no showering while the washer is on, then a combi is ideal.

I prefer a combi as you only heat what you use. :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
I prefer a combi as you only heat what you use. :D

Absolutely, I totally agree ! However, a busy house will have the washer on, or a dishwasher or someone doing the washing up, or someone washing the car or watering the garden. I think an electric shower is the best bet and they can give good power. :)

What are the highest power electric showers on the market ?

You WILL be dissapointed with an electric shower no matter which you buy I'm afraid.......

I had a high rated electric shower and replaced it with a combi mixer, mira excel, its great.

Even when the washer is on its only about as bad as the old electric shower!

bennettp23 said:
You WILL be dissapointed with an electric shower no matter which you buy I'm afraid.......

I agree, I can **** better than a electric shower. :LOL:

Incidentally, I have a Santon premier 300l (unvented cylinder) which gives the equivalent of 30litre per minute of warm shower water.

It's a lovely shower, don't get me wrong, but 300litres of water at 80C gives a really long shower even at 30l per minute (in fact it never goes cold as the boiler can just about keep up)

....however, wait until your gas and water bills (we're on a meter) come in :eek: Not so good anymore!!!

I think the main stoptap into the house on our one inch main will be getting cranked back a turn or two tonight! :mad:

People say that showers are more cost effective than a bath, trust me, that's not always the case!

I suppose what I'm saying is that you pay for a good shower twice....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back